There’s so much great food in Disney, but this one really caught or eye (or rather, our ears – Disney’s Tangled never actually shows Rapunzel’s favourite food on screen, but she talks about her mother’s hazelnut soup as her favourite food) as a simple, earthy and heart-warming recipe we just had to try.
Rapunzel is so lovely and so pretty – we tried to bring that to life in this soup. A fully vegetarian recipe!
Hazelnut Soup – makes 4 portions
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Hazelnut Milk (1 cup or 250ml)
Thick Cream (1/2 cup or 125ml)
3 Green Apples
1 White Onion
2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
Salt & Pepper
- Peel and top and tail the parsnips. Chop them into rough chunks. Set aside in a large roasting dish.
- Peel the apples and remove the cores. Cut into large slices and add to roasting dish.
- Roughly slice the white onion and crush the garlic. Add to the mix.
- Add a little olive oil, salt & pepper to the dish and mix until all the ingredients are covered.
- Roast in the oven at 200(c) for 45 minutes.
- Dry fry a little cumin in the bottom of a large pot – careful to keep the heat low, as it burns easy!
- Add a tablespoon of oil and heat
- Add all your roasted ingredients and blend with a hand-blender
- Mix up a litre of stock with two stock cubes and add slowly to the pot, blending as you go
- Add a little more water as you blend until you have a thick soup consistency!
- Pour in your thick cream and hazelnut milk and stir, adding extra salt and pepper to taste. Once thoroughly mixed, you’re ready to serve.
- Top with a sprinkle of cracked black pepper, chopped hazelnuts and chives. Serve with warm crusty bread and enjoy hot for any main meal!
Featuring Sammi McCosplay as Rapunzel
Watch the video: