The incredibly iconic indie game Life is Strange took the world by storm in 2015. Many things about the game caught us off-guard, but there’s one thing in particular we weren’t expecting to love as much as we did – the Two Whale Diner. Chloe Price’s mother Joyce works there and the food is – according to Max Caulfield – nostalgic and delicious. We really wanted to capture that essence in this recipe for the ‘Bigfoot Bacon Omelette’ one of the two breakfast options you can choose off of the diner’s extensive menu.
This omelette is bordering on gourmet and we hope you find it to be warming, rich and full of flavour. Perfect for a stormy morning on the coast!
Life is Strange Bigfoot Bacon Omelette – makes 1 portion
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
2 rashers of American style bacon
3 slices of cooked chorizo
3 fresh eggs
1 tbs cream cheese
1/2 red onion
2 scallions (spring onions)
Salt & pepper
*Bite Club Tip: Use a small frying pan – the same size as the omelette you want to make – for easier cooking!
Fresh salad leaves
Freshly brewed coffee
- Heat your grill (or oven in a pinch) to 180 before you begin prep.
- Chop the red onion into thin slices & the scallions into 1cm chunks. Next, slice the chorizo into thin slices and cut up your bacon with a pair of scissors – no need to be neat! Grate your parmesan. Set all aside for now.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add salt & pepper to the mix. Whisk them with a fork until fluffy. That’s all the prep!
- Fry the bacon bits in coconut oil and when they are mostly cooked, add your red onion slices and scallions to the mix. Fry lightly until soft. Make sure they are spread evenly in the pan.
- Pour over your egg mixture so it covers the entire pan. Allow the base to cook, making sure the edges don’t burn by gently nudging them inwards with the spatula.
- When half cooked, sprinkle on your chorizo slices and parmesan. Add extra salt & pepper to taste.
- Drop dollops of cream cheese on the surface and fry for a little longer before placing the pan in the grill for 3 minutes to make the omelette extra fluffy.
- Fold in half and sprinkle more fresh parmesan on top. Serve with fresh salad leaves and coffee for an amazing breakfast!
Watch Max & Chloe themselves attempt this recipe in Bite Club episode 3 on NyxRising Industries:
We’d love to attempt other Two Whales Diner recipes, which would you like to see next?